Is your toenail lifts away from the bed and get detach completely each time it grows? If you are rendering this toenail falling off issue frequently then don’t ignore it as it is very hazardous for your foot health.
Well to know why this happening frequently or how to get rid of this toenail fall of off issue just goes down to this post. As, it include every pinch of information regarding Toenail Psoriasis.
How To Deal With A Toenail That’s Falling Off?
If it looks like that your nail is headed for danger, resist it from getting tear up. But don’t rip off your broken toenail if it is not ready. If it is barely attached and just hanging on, then gently remove it with the help of clippers.
But if it is paining a lot then it better to leave it as it is. File it sharp edges with the help of filer to remove off the rough edges of your nail. Keep it clean to avoid any signs of infection.
What Causes Your Toenail To Fall Off Frequently?
Some most enticing reasons behind your toenail fall off are as follows:
Reason #1: Prolonged Immersion In Water
Another very common reason for toenails fall off is prolonged immersion of your foot in water.
That’s the reason why swimmer notice that their toenail fall off time to time.
Reason #2: Overdone Pedicure
Undoubtedly pedicure is great ways to relax but if your nails get excess of pedicure procedure then it can hurt your nails.
If the pedicure tool like pusher is pushed too far under the nail during the cleanup procedure then it can loosen up the toenail from its nail bed.
Reason #3: Infection
The fungal infection is also the reason for onycholysis or toenail fall off. Infections like yeast infection, bacterial infection, toenail fungus are quiet common behind this.
Reason #4: Skin Disease
There are number of skin diseases that can cause toenail to fall off. Some diseases like dermatitis, psoriasis, and some other less common skin diseases imparts to such an issue.
Reason #5: Repetitive Trauma
The first and very frequent reasons of this toenail falling off issue are Repetitive Trauma– like running, dancing, and doing other sports.
So if you are regular user of these activities then keep your toenails short to avoid further injuries.
Reason #6: Internal Disease
Certain internal diseases like, iron-deficient anemia, amyloid and multiple myeloma, psoriatic arthritis, hyperhidrosis, and hyperthyroidism etc. leads to onycholysis.
How To Keep The New Born Nail Safe After Toenail Fall Off?
If your toenail is frequently falling fall then you need to take better care of your new born toenail from very beginning. Here is what you need to do for this:
- If the exact reason for the toenail falling is still not clear then identify it first and try to fix it soon. Otherwise the new one also susceptible into same issue.
- If your old toenail has faced issues like fungal infection then treat the new nail with antifungal medication.
- Try to keep your nail smooth and filed to avoid ragged edges from breaking further.
- Try to keep your feet dry and avoid going barefoot anywhere to prevent foot infections.
- If the new born nail is growing thicker, crooked, damaged or discolored; then keep it clean and dry. Also use over the counter antifungal medications. If it doesn’t seems effective to you then see a doctor.
Home Remedies To Treat Toenail Falling Off
1#Tea Tree/Orange Oil Rub
Tea tree oil works as a natural disinfectant, having properties of fungicidal and anti-bacterial which make it popular in Treating Toenail Psoriasis. Orange oil is also very effective when it comes to getting rid of fungus, and can be added to the mixture as well.
How To Use:
Mix 1 tbsp of tea tree oil, ½ teaspoon of orange oil, and ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Using a cotton ball apply this mixture to affected nail pressing it on gently but firmly so the liquid comes out. Let it dry.
Otherwise, you can also take 4-5 drops of tea tree oil in enough water to soak your feet in, and do that for 15-20 minutes. If both of the treatments should be done regularly in the morning and evening then will really get relief of it.
2#Baking Soda and Vinegar Soak
Baking soda is not fungicidal so it does not kill the fungus but it can prevent fungus from growing and spreading further. The reason is that it is alkaline-the opposite of acidic-and fungus grows more when the environment is more acidic. One the other hand vinegar is a fairly weak acid, which helps killing off the fungus without altering the Ph. of the environment in a harmful way.
How To Use:
- Firstly, mix 1 cup of vinegar with enough water to soak your feet in. Soak for 15 minutes, and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Do this by adding several tablespoons of baking soda to large quantity of water to soak your feet in, and soak your feet for maximum of 15 minutes.
- Pat feet completely dry with paper towels. Repeat this twice a day.
- With this process the vinegar will kill off the fungus, while the baking soda will then inhibit the growth of more.
3#Olive Leaf Extract
Olive Leaf Extract is the excellent choice for curing toenail fungus problem. Olive leaf extract has anti-bacterial, anti-viral features, and can help lower cholesterol among other things. Olive leaf extract is also a powerful detoxifier so may face some problem when you are taking the supplement for the first time.
White vinegar is also a great ingredient to kill toenail fungus. For you have to mix a part of white vinegar with two parts of warm water and soak the infected foot into it for at least 10-15 minutes. After sometime wash your foot well with water, to prevent fungus from spreading further.
Lemon juice contains citric acid that helps in stopping the spread of bacterial and fungal infection in the toenail. So apply its fresh juice in the infected area and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it with warm water. Repeat this process daily for one month.
You can also mix lemon juice with olive oil and give a massage with this to the affected area more better result.
How To Prevent Toenail Falling Off Foot Problem?
If you are completely sure that your nail doesn’t got any kind of injury but still the toenail are frequently falling off. Then in that case it’s clear that the reason is toenail fungus.
In that case you need to avoid the attack of microscopic organisms on your toenail. And this is possible by keeping the feet clean, dry and clipping the nail properly as these are the necessary and primary steps to avoid infection. But if are already facing such issues on your toenail then try out these preventive measures to stop it from being spread.
- Thoroughly wash and dry down your feet every day before putting of your shoes and also after removing it.
- Wear a proper fitting shoe which gives chances to your feet to take breath. If your feet become damp then change your socks to a dry pair immediately.
- Spray some good quality antifungal your shoes.
- Wear shower shoes in public places like, damp gym locker rooms and around pools.
- Always clean your nail clippers and other pedicure tools before and after using it.
Hopefully the post has provided the complete information regarding your toenail falling off problem. So, just take better care of your nail and don’t ignore if any problem is observed in the starting stages.
FAQ About Toenail Falling Off: