Does blood gets accumulated under the surface of your foot skin? Well this condition is called “bruises”.
No doubt..! Bruises are quiet common but what if it is much and makes your foot looks completely black, blue or purple. If you are also the one who is looking for some natural ways to cure this blood clotting or bruised foot issue with the natural remedies. If yes, then have a look to this helpful post. As, it contains the complete knowledge regarding the bruised foot.
About Bruised Foot:
Bruises are also named as hematomas, and they get formed when blood gets accumulated under the surface of the foot skin. This mainly occurs as a result of direct impact or truma which causes tissues under the skin to bleed. A bruise is made of blood beneath the skin, which results from broken blood vessel.
This makes the black-blue patches on the foot surface. This bone bruise arises when you have a small injury on the surface of bone. Discoloration appears as blood and other fluid build-up.
What Are The Symptoms Of Stone Bruise On Foot?
Besides from discoloration of your foot skin what are other symptoms for the identification of the Stone Bruise On Foot.
- swellingof the joint
- tenderness and pain lasting longer than a usual bruise
- trouble using an injured joint
- Bruise also leads to buildup of fluid on the knee, which is quiet painful. But it mostly depends on how the injury has happened. You might have damage to nearby ligaments.
What Causes Bruising?
Bruising makes the Blood vessels beneath the skin to burst or leak. Whether it’s due to they have become weak or damaged. Some most common reasons imparts to the formation of bruising are:
- Cuts while dealing with sharp objects
- Blows to the body
- Bumping on to hard surfaces like a chair, a post, etc.
- Falling, stumbling, tripping
- Accidents on the road
- Allergic reactions
- Bites (mostly animals or insects)
- Injuries while engaging in sports
- Side effects of medicines
- Viral infection or illness
What Are The Risk Factors For Bone Bruises?
Stone bruise are usually the result of direct hit to the bone, which occurs during, fall, bump or accident during sports event. Sometime it also happen if you twist your ankle
You are more prone to this metatarsal bone bruise if anyone of the following applies to you:
- If you are active in sports, especially the high-impact sports.
- Not wearing proper protective equipment.
- You are in the field of physically works.
- Take part in activity that is physically challenging.
How To Get Rid Of Foot Bruises Overnight?
For the treatment of metatarsal bone bruise, try out these natural home remedies. This helps in getting rid of the foot Bruises Overnight.
1# vinegar or apple cider vinegar
How Does Vinegar Get Rid Of Bruises?
Vinegar when get mixed up with water, it forms an effective solution that increase blood flow and aids the healing process. Apply it on the bruised area as it allows the blood that has collected under the foot skin to circulate and prevent blood spots.
Things you need:
- Few drops of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of warm water
How To Use:
- Mix few drops of vinegar or apple cider vinegar in 1/3 cup of warm water and give a gentle massage with this mixture into the bruises.
- Or else you can also apply it using a cloth dipping into the solution and dabbing over the bruises.
- Repeat this procedure for 5-6 days.
How Arnica Oil Works In Stone Bruise Treatment?
The most popular home remedies for Stone Bruise Treatment is by using the Arnica Oil. This herb contain such medicinal properties which too effective to prevent infection and reduces swollen bruised foot.
Things you need:
- Arnica oil
- Warm compress
How to use:
- Rub some arnica oil on the bruise foot area in circular motions.
- After then wear some warm compress for better absorption of arnica oil into the skin.
- For immediate and effective result use this 2-3 times a day.
How Vanilla Extract Works For Bruised Foot Treatment?
Vanilla extract are very effectively prevents the bruises from getting discolored. As the anti-oxidant present in it helps to promote regeneration of cells which ultimately works in faster healing of the bruises.
If the bruises are happened because of the burn then don’t apply it.
Things You Need:
Concentrated vanilla extract
What You Have To Do
- Take 1-2 drops of vanilla extract to the foot bruise affected area.
- After then give a gentle massage for a minute and leave it.
- Do this process 2-3 times a day.
4#St. John’s Wort Oil
How Wort Oil Works For Bruised Tissue Treatment?
It’s the most adopted tested and tried method to fade away any kind of bruises whether it got from any injury, burn or infection etc. Wort Oil contains tannins and astringents which aids in the quick healing of bruised tissue. You can also apply it over the bruises formed on cuts and burns.
Things You Need:
- John’s wort oil
What You Have To Do
- Apply few drops of St. John’s wort oil to the bruised area and massage for a minute.
- Cover the area using a bandage for better absorption of the oil under the skin.
- Repeat this few times during the day.
5#Turmeric and Tamarind Paste
How Turmeric And Tamarind Works For Treating Bruised Foot?
Turmeric is traditional remedy to get rid of the bruises because of its therapeutic and medicinal properties. Turmeric contains compounds named Curcumin that help in reducing the soreness and promote healing.
Whereas, tamarind is commonly used for healing and curing inflammation caused due to bruised foot. Since, it contains such helpful antioxidants and antimicrobial activity.
How to use:
- Make a thick paste of tamarind first
- After then add 2 pinches of turmeric into it.
- For more effectiveness cover the affected area with the soft cotton cloth to let it disappear faster.
When you get such blue/black bruise on foot, it’s hard to tell if it cause more serious problem that need immediate treatment. But if you are noticing that it’s not curing well or the pain and discoloration is increasing day by day then it’s better to take doctor’s opinion.
So seek for the medical treatment if any of the following things occurs with you:
- If swelling if continuously increasing.
- When the pain is just intolerable, even the pain relieversare not helping you out.
- If body parts, such as your bruised toe, bruised heel bone, bruise on bottom of foot arch, bruised foot arch etc. are turning blue, cold, and numb.
These symptoms also indicate a severe bone bruise. Sometimes, bone bruise is only a part of injury, so it may be a fracture. Bone bruise on knee mean that you have ruptured or a ligament.