Observing bumps and lumps on your foot area? Does it start paining which obstacle you to walk freely? Now you need not to suffer with such a lot now. As, our today’s topic is about providing the best cure to treat foot lumps. So, let’s get started with it.
What Is Foot Lumps?
Foot lumps usually a swelling is localized and can be caused due to inflammation, infection, trauma, or tumors. These are soft-tissue masses that can occur anywhere on the foot. These are caused by soft-tissue swelling, vessel or muscle enlargements, sacs of fluid, fatty tissue and nerve,
Sometime the Foot lumps are generally without pain (asymptomatic), or they cause pain and affect the function of the foot.
Painful or painless foot lump depends on the cause. If the lumps on your foot is painless or having little pain, you can follow the simple remedies mentioned in this post.
What Causes Bumps On Foot?
There are many causes of foot lumps and bumps on top of foot, but two of the most common are as follows:
- A bone spur on top of the foot called an exostosis (tend to be firm and non-movable)
- A soft fluid filled sack called a ganglion cyst
What Are The Types Of Foot Lumps?
Here are the top 4 hard foot lump types:
Lipoma is non-cancerous growth of fatty tissue cells. It can develop in almost any organ of the body although they are mostly found below the skin layer.
It gets cured on its own because it is completely beginning and not very hazardous.
Small foot lump, skin-colored foot bump, marble sized foot lump
Skin cyst is a closed sac within the skin filled with an oily material. This kind of foot lump is also caused due to trauma or surgery.
Skin-colored foot bump, marble sized foot lump, small foot lump
Molluscum Contagiosum is a viral skin infection usually affects teenagers, sexually active young adults, or patients with a weak immune system.
genital skin changes, , skin changes on arm, leg skin changes, head or neck skin changes, Rash with bumps or blisters
This type of foot lump is hard, thick layer of skin that develops when the skin experiences a lot of pressure and friction. Occurrence of Callus may discomfort you but it’s not a big concern.
Thickened skin on the foot with visible lines, thickened skin on the foot
Home Remedies To Treat Foot Lumps
Below are some simple remedies for treating Ganglion Cysts.
Vinegar To Reduce Foot Lumps
Foot lumps are very effective for treating foot lump as it contain such anti-inflammatory properties. The anti-inflammatory properties of ACV can also help in reducing the inflammation in your foot caused of appearance of lumps.
You Will Need
- ½ cup vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- A bucket of water
What You Have To Do
- Add vinegar to some water and dip your feet in it for at least 10-15 minutes.
- After then wash down your feet with plain water.
- After completing all this apply some moisturizer.
- Does this on regular basis until you get relief.
For faster healing of foot lump you can also drink apple cider vinegar diluted in a glass of water.
Trying out this warm compress technique to reduce the foot lump pain and swelling is the best option. You can easily reduce the discomforts associated with a ganglion cyst just by being regular with this warm compress technique.
This home remedy actual works to increase the blood circulation in the affected area and promote fluid drainage. It also reduces pain and swelling but not prevent the growth of cyst.
- In warm water, soak a washcloth and squeeze out the excess water of this cloth.
- After then place this warm cloth directly onto your lump area for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy for 3- 4 times daily until the cyst disappears.
3# Black Tea Bags
Black tea acidic property helps to heal ganglion cyst and prevent it from getting worse. The anti-inflammatory nature also provides relief from pain and swelling.
- Dip some black tea bag in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Retain the moist, warm tea bag over affected area for 10 minutes.
- Repeat few times daily for several days.
Echinacea is natural ingredient used to increase the level of properdine chemical in your body. This chemical actually helps in stimulating your immune system and shrinks the ganglion cyst or foot lump.
- You can try the over-the-counter echinacea ointment and apply it topically to the cyst. Apply this at least 2-3 times a day until get rid of it completely.
- You can sip a cup of echinacea herbal tea 1-2 times daily but not more than a week.
Note: those who have autoimmune disorder should avoid this herb internally.
How To Treat Foot Lumps Non-Surgically?
Foot bumps can easily be treated with non-surgical with custom orthotic. However, if they grow larger or frequently causing discomfort, they must be removed surgically.
Those who are having plantar fibromas(A plantar fibroma is a noncancerous or benign growth in the arch of your foot. It develops in the plantar fascia, which is thick, fibrous tissue at the bottom of your feet.) usually report for this foot lumps issue. Plantar Fibromas are usually located on inside the arch of foot. They usually feel smooth and tough. It’s not tender to touch and although they may cause irritated with prolonged walking.
Plantar fibromas can be easily treated non-surgically until they cause discomfort to the patients on a regular basis.
Non-Surgical Treatment For Foot Lumps Includes:
There are several primary treatment options to cure foot lumps from foot.
- Minimize the pressure on top of foot by wearing deeper shoes. As there are several brands of shoes which are quiet deeper than average but are still attractive.
- Use orthotics to stop two bones from jamming together.
- Good arch supports not only stop the foot from collapsing, but reduce pain and prevent bumps from getting bigger.
- Make use of pads to reduce pressure on the bump. As long lasting gel u-shaped pad to avoid pressure off of the bump.
- Steroid injection:
Sometime there is inflamed bursa on top of the bone spur that can easily be treated with a cortisone injection. If the bump is because of the bone then the injection will not work.
We recommend surgery only as a last option. As, you can almost treat these conditions without going through any surgical procedure. So, just follow the aforementioned remedies to treat foot lumps.