Most of you don’t pay attention to first sign of bunions although we needs to. As, proper treatment at the initial stages can easily prevent “bursitis or bunions” which is an inflammatory process associated with sharp pain.
In this text we will discuss about the ways to reverse bunions and cure them to normal without going through any surgically procedure.
Who Are Likely To Have Bunions?
As per the calculated fact around 23% of adults suffer from bunions to some extent but it is seen to be more prevalent in women over 65 years of age.
Is It True That Bad Shoes Cause Bunions?
Footwear is logically implicated in the cause of bunions. High heels shoes worn by women associates to bunion formation and are likely to have higher incidence of having bunions on the beautiful feet than men.
Can You Ever Get Rid Of Bunions, Or Is Surgery The Only Way?
In most extreme cases it is quiet difficult to correct bunions without surgically operation. But if the problem is not very old or you have encountered it in its initial stages then bunions can be easily reversed to normal without going through any riskier surgical procedure.
Can Bunions Be Reversed?
If you are having such query in your mind then you will be glad to hear that like many misuse injuries, bunions are also preventable. Most of the case it is even reversible with the right and effective regiment.
Remedies To Reverse Bunions And Cure Them To Normal
Now, it is also been proven in various studies that Calendula shows very effective results in reversing the bunions to normal foot shape.
It’s a recommended alternative to surgery which is not only painful but also takes a longer time for recovery.
Ingredient to be used:
- 1 cup of calendula petals
- 1 cup of olive oil
How to use:
- Mix these two ingredients in a pot.
- Warm it in a low flame for around 1 hour.
- After then turn off the flame and pour the mixture to glass jar.
- Apply some amount of it on the affected area daily and give soft gentle massage for 10 minutes.
- Do this 3 times a day and within 2 weeks you will only notice that bunions go on their own.
Massage relaxes and strengthens the feet muscles, besides that it also helps them in keeping your feet in right shape. You can give a gentle massage to your feet anytime and right at your home.
Massaging allows the synovial fluid to get shifted around the joint and dissolve excessive calcium storage hardened in the bunions which helps in easy shrinking of the bunion.
How to :
For this you can make use the olive, coconut or castor oil for massaging. But make a habit of drinking a full glass of water before starting the massage to hydrate up your body and increase of your blood flow.
- Rub slightly warm olive oil or coconut oil on the affected area.
- Apply moderate pressure and massage around the side of foot in a straight line.
- Massage the bunion area as well as the base of big toe at least for 10 minutes and twice a daily.
3#Bunion Reversal Exercises:
There are some simple but very effective exercises that you can try at your home, spending only 10 min in a day.
- You just need to place your foot firmly and try to raise each toe at a time.
- You can also place a tough rubber band on your toes and stretch them in different direction.
- Rotate your feet in both directions.
- Spread some small objects like pebbles or cloth pieces on the floor. After then try to pick them up with your toes.
- For this you need to roll a regular tennis ball under your feet.
- Give a gentle massage to your feet with your thumbs upward and back, press gently.
- Just spread down your toes, putting the fingers in between them and pull you hands up and down.
- Hold each toe in your hands and pull it slightly upward. Repeat this for each of your toe.
- If you regularly visit the beaches then be sure to walk on sand or pebbles barefoot. It’s a great therapy to relax down your feet from pain caused due to bunions.
Foot soaks helps in lifting the tiredness; reduce sweatiness and removal of harmful bacteria.
Bunions are sometime accompanied with corns and calluses. So, soak down your feet in Epsom salt bath to get rid of the bunion pain and easy removal of the corn or callus.
5#Correct Footwear And Diet
The risk of formation of bunions gets higher in those who genetically predisposed to it and also if you wear wrong shoes or having excessive weight.
So you need to first stop wearing ill fitting shoes like high heeled and narrow toed shoes.
6#Use Turmeric & Olive Oil
Turmeric contain one such active compounds called, curcumin; which blocks pain and reduces burning inflammation that makes bunions more worse. You can use it in both ways either orally or topically application.
Ingredients to use:
- ½ teaspoon turmeric(anti-inflmmatory)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil(improves blood circulation)
How To Use:
For Topical Application:
- Make a thick consistency paste of turmeric and olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water.
- Do this regularly.
For oral consumption:
You can stir 1 tbsp of turmeric into a glass of lukewarm water or milk, and drink it twice daily until the bunions get correct.
Chamomile plant’s flowers are very effective for soothing anti-inflammatory properties that helps controlling the growth of these painful bumps caused by bunions.
Ingredients to use:
- 3 tablespoons chamomile flowers
- 1 cup water
- 1 towel
How To Use:
- Boil 1 cup water and add some chamomile flowers to it.
- Lower down the gas flame and shimmer down it for few minutes.
- After then turn off the flame and lets it cool for few minutes.
- Soak a towel in this boiled mixture and apply this towel over the affected toe.
- Do this at least 2 times a day.
8#Iodine And Aspirin
Mixture of iodine and crushed aspirin is quiet effective in preventing of abnormal growth on the big toe and treats the treats the inflammation in the joint.
Continued use of this mixture removes off the excess dead skin, reduces irritation and prevents calluses from forming.
Ingredients to use:
- 1 tablespoon iodine
- 3 aspirin
- 1 bandage wrap
How to use:
- Crush some aspirin with grinder, after then mix the powder with some iodine.
- Then make a thick paste of this and apply it over the bunion and cover it with a bandage for few hours
- For best effective result repeat this procedure every day.
How Can You Stop Bunions Growing?
- Wear good fitting shoes having a wide toe area to avoid excessive pressure on the big toes.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight helps to prevent bunions forming up to much extent.
- Wear supportive shoes or use arch supports to prevent excessive pressure on the feet during walking or running.
In addition to applying the remedies mentioned in this post, wearing the right type of footwear and maintaining the healthy weight are essential to keep the feet from being overworked.