Do you have any idea that blisters can even occur on bottom of the feet? Have you noticed an uneven small pocket of fluid formed on bottom of feet? Are you looking for the reasons that lead you to face this issue? Want to know what can be done to cure this feet issue? If yes, then do not worry just go through this below blog and get all your answers here at one place only. But, it is very important to know first what is blister and what causes blister on booth of feet.
A blister is just a small pocket of fluid that generally forms on some areas of the body. The bubbles that are formed can be varying in different shapes and sizes. Sometimes, it may also develop after infection with bacteria or fungus, trauma or insect bite. Well, it depends on the location whether a blister can interfere with normal or every tasks. As for example, having a blister on feet may be difficult while exercising, walking or standing for a long period of time. Now, it’s time to know what causes blister on bottom of feet and how to treat blisters on bottom of feet.
What Causes Blisters on Bottom of Feet?
Sometimes, when you wear new shoes and enjoy wearing it then somewhere a blister is started to form on the bottom of your feet. This is the place you would never expect a blister to form. But, this can happen. However, if you have blister on bottom of feet then friction may be the possible reason. But, even if you stand or walk for so long then it can cause blisters on bottom of feet. This is obvious that the longer you stand on your feet, the greater your chances of having blisters on bottom of feet.
It is also true that not everyone stands or walks for so long develops blisters. But, it may also occur due to wearing ill-fitted shoes as this can cause friction and helps fluid builds up and develop blister on bottom of feet. Sometimes, excessive perspiration or moisture can also cause these bubbles to occur. This is very common in warm seasons among runners and athletes. Apart from these, there are some other causes as well that leads a blister on bottom of feet to occur. They are as follows:
- Allergic Reactions
- Chemical Exposure
- Fungal Infection
- Dyshidrotic Eczema
- Bacterial Infection
If you have any of these issues then try to get rid of these as soon as possible as these may cause blister on bottom of feet to occur. So, be very careful about these issues.
How To Treat Blister On Bottom Of Feet
If you have blisters on bottom of feet then it is very important to know how to treat blisters on bottom of feet. So, here are some treatments mentioned below with the help of which you will be able to cure blisters on bottom of feet. If you are interested enough to know then look below and try to apply also:
Athletic tape is breathable and sweat resistant. You just have to cut a small piece of athletic tape to go directly over the affected blisters area. You can then shower with it on until the blister opens. When it is open, you can put Neosporin on it and then take the tape off at the night so that you can avoid having any infection.
If you have blisters on bottom of feet then you can try moleskin pad. The shape of moleskin pad is just like a doughnut and so you can easily leave the area over the blister open. This is the safest and the best treatment you can apply.
Draining The Blisters
Generally, it is recommended not to drain the blisters at home. But if it gets severe, you can remove the fluid. You can follow the below steps to do so:
- First, you need to rinse the hands properly using lukewarm water and antiseptic soap.
- After this, apply iodine on a cotton swab and then clean the blister area gently.
- Now take a needle to insert but remember that the needle you take to insert should be cleaned thoroughly. Also, it should be sterilized with any antiseptic agents or with alcohol.
- Now, puncture the blisters with the used of the sterilized needle. But, remember that do not pinch the center of the blister, only the edges area. After the needle is inserted, let the fluid drain from the blister but do not remove the overlying skin from the bottom of feet.
- After the fluid gets drained, make use of antibacterial ointment like Vaseline and apply it gently over the blisters on bottom of feet and then try to cover the area with gauze.
- Last but not the least, make sure that you change the dressing every day until you see that the blister is completely healed.
Home Remedies To Treat Blisters on Bottom of Feet
Apart from the above treatments, you can also try some easy to apply home remedies to cure blisters on bottom of feet. Look at these remedies and get rid of blisters on bottom of feet easily:
Soak Blisters Area in Green Tea
As we all know green tea has some anti-inflammatory properties that are very helpful in healing the blisters. For this remedy, you can brew three tea bags in boiling water and then toss it in a single teaspoon of baking soda. Now let the brew to completely cool and soak the blisters in it. After this, you can use gauze in order to apply this to the affected blister area.
Try Vitamin E
It is believed that vitamin E has perfect skin-repairing properties. This vitamin used to heal skin cells quickly and also prevents scarring. For this remedy, you can buy vitamin E pill, creams or oils and then apply the liquid to the affected blisters area directly. Or, you can also add vitamin E nutrients in your daily diet.
Dab On Apple Cider Vinegar
We know very well that apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties that will help you a lot to prevent popped blisters from becoming infected. This remedy stings a lot but is a worth trying. You can dip a cotton swab into the AC vinegar and then swab it around the affected blisters area. Now allow this vinegar to completely dry. If it stings a lot then you can also add some water to the apple cider vinegar before you soak a cotton swab into it.
How To Prevent Blister On Bottom Of Feet?
If you want to prevent blisters on bottom of feet then you should read this section of blog. So, look at these prevention tips and avoid having blisters on bottom of feet.
- Blisters may be developed due to friction, so try to wear properly fitted shoes rather than ill-fitting shoes.
- Always wear insoles that reduce friction and provide extra padding if your feet rub along a specific area of the shoes.
- Make sure that you keep your feet dry all the time if you are an athlete. Or, you can also try foot powder to reduce the sweating or even wear moisture-wicking socks. These socks reduce moistures and dry faster.
- Try to avoid irritant products if the blisters occur due to cosmetic products or even allergic products.
- If the blisters occur due to some medical condition then it would be better if you consult your doctor.
These are some of the preventions you should take care of to avoid having blisters on bottom of feet. These are very simple and easy to follow in your daily life.
Having a blister on bottom of feet is a very annoying issue but what to do if it occurs due to some specific reasons. As you can in the above that there are several causes of occurring blisters on bottom of feet, but more important is to know how to treat blisters on bottom of feet. Here, in the above section of this blog, you may have seen some easy and effective treatments that may help you a lot to cure blisters on bottom of feet. So, try them and get rid of blisters on bottom of feet issue as soon as possible. All the best for those who are having this issue.